- Who: EVERYONE
- What: FREE Movie, Popcorn, & FUN
- Times: 2:30p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
- Cost: FREE!
- Purpose: To encourage mental/emotional, social, and financial wellness through family togetherness in a fun environment.
- Where: All movies are shown in the Phelps Theater (on the 1st floor of Billingsly Student Center).
- Food: Free popcorn! Guests may also purchase snacks, beverages, and memorabilia at our University Bookstore (located on the 2nd floor of Billingsly Student Center) or bring their own snacks & non-alcoholic beverages.
- Movies and/or dates are subject to change. Please check back periodically for changes/updates.
- Please remember to always screen movies, prior to letting children watch them. Ratings may not always reflect your views of the story &/ what you want your children to see.
For more information, or to suggest ideas for future movies: click here.
Spring 2015 Line-Up
Titles & Dates:
Big Hero 6 (PG)
Thursday, Feb 12th
"When a criminal plot threatens the hi-tech metropolis of San Fransokyo, brilliant young robotics whiz Hiro Hamada (voice of Ryan Potter) leaps into action with his tech-savvy friends, and his robot companion Baymax (voice of Scott Adsit) in Disney Animation's adaptation of the popular Marvel Comics series. Author: Jason Buchanan"
Into the Woods (PG)
Thursday, March 12th
"Stephen Sondheim's Into the Woods is adapted in this musical from director Rob Marshall and Walt Disney Studios. Inspired by a choice selection of Brothers Grimm fairy tales, this plot centers on a baker (James Corden) and his wife (Emily Blunt) who incur the wrath of a witch (Meryl Streep) while attempting to start a family. Subsequently cursed by the vengeful hag, the hapless couple find their fates linked with those of Cinderella (Anna Kendrick),Little Red Riding Hood (Lilla Crawford), Rapunzel (MacKenzie Mauzy) and Jack (Daniel Huttlestone) of Jack and the Beanstalk. Johnny Depp, Chris Pine, and Lucy Punch co-star. Author: Jason Buchanan"
The BoxTrolls (PG)
Thursday, April 9th
"Subterranean trolls raise an orphaned boy, who helps them fight back against an evil exterminator and make peace with the fearful residents of an upper-crust Victorian-era town known for its world-class cheeses. The two things the people of this posh town treasure most are their children and their cheeses; unfortunately, those are also the things that the Boxtrools - a race of unsightly, sewer-dwelling creatures - covet most. Clad in cast-off cardboard boxes as they scuttle about underground, the Boxtrolls may look like a fearsome bunch, they're actually quite friendly. Having previously adopted an orphaned infant named Eggs (voiced by Isaac Hempstead-Wright), the diminutive tinkerers raise him as one of their own. Meanwhile, Eggs may be the Boxtrolls' only hope for survival when scheming exterminator Archibald Snatcher (voiced by Oscar-winner Ben Kingsley) seeks to earn his entry into the ultra-exclusive Cheesebridge society by eradicating the misunderstood creatures once and for all. Little does the villainous Snatcher realize that Eggs has a wealthy friend named Winnie (voiced by Ellie Fanning), and that Winnie may be the key to solving the longstanding feud between the people above, and the benevolent creatures below. Author: Jason Buchanan"