This class will cover the American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor skills for certification. Enrollees will participate in classroom instruction (land & water), skills tests, and written exams. Successful completion of this course certifies the participant to teach Lifeguarding, Aquatic Management, and CPR/AED/1st Aid for Professional Rescuers & Healthcare Providers, as well as a host of other courses. Price includes all required text(s), teaching tools, and certification cards.
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Hold a current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification
- Successfully complete the following swim tests:
- A 300 yard swim using breaststroke & freestyle without stopping
- tread water for 2 minutes without the use of hands
- perform a timed brick retrieval
- Successfully complete the Online Session for the Lifeguarding Instructor course, which consists of the following:
- Orientation on the American Red Cross
- Orientation to the Lifeguarding Instructor Course
- Lifeguarding Instructor Pre-course Exam
- Successfully perform multiple water rescue and CPR scen
*To be eligible for certification as a lifeguard instructor, you must attend all class sessions, demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities, and pass the final written exam with at least 80 percent.
Community Members: $500