Student Rights & Responsibilities
Your rights as a student
Every student with a documented disability has the right to:
- Equal access to courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and facilities available through the University.
- Reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Appropriate confidentiality of all information pertaining to his/her disability with the choice of whom to disclose their disability to except as required by law.
- Information reasonably available in accessible formats.
Every student with a disability has the responsibility to:
- Meet the College’s qualifications and essential technical, academic, and institutional standards.
- Identify themselves in a timely manner as an individual with a disability when seeking an accommodation.
- Provide documentation from an appropriate professional source that verifies the nature of the disability, functional limitations, and the need for specific accommodations.
- Follow specific procedures for obtaining reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids.