The name of this organization shall be the Student Library Organization.
The purposes of this organization shall be as follows:
• The organization shall serve as a liaison between the student body of Missouri Southern State University and the George A. Spiva Library, providing feedback and suggestions to library administration.
• The organization shall promote awareness of library resources and services to the student body of Missouri Southern State University.
• The organization shall seek to provide avenues of community service to members with service projects.
Section I - The membership of this organization shall be open to any full-time student in good standing. Members must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
Section II – The dues of the organization shall be set by the officers of the organization. The dues may be changed once per year by a 2/3 vote of the active membership. The dues are set at $10.00/semester or $15.00/academic year.
Section I - All officers shall be active, members of the organization. Elected officers of this organization shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Section II – The duties of these offices are as follows:
• President - The President shall conduct all meetings in an orderly manner. The President shall appoint and serve as an ex-officio member of all committees.
• Vice-President – The Vice-President shall conduct all meetings when the president is absent and render assistance to the President.
• Secretary – The Secretary shall take concise minutes of all meetings and compile them and other items into a permanent record of the organization. The secretary will also take care of all official correspondence for the organization.
• Treasurer – The Treasurer shall collect all monies due the organization and conduct the financial affairs of the organization in accordance with sound business procedures and appropriate university requirements.
The officers of this organization and the organization’s advisor shall be considered to be the Executive Board of Directors for the organization.
Section I - Regular meetings shall be held at least once each month during the academic year, on a day selected as suitable by a plurality of the votes cast at a meeting.
Section II – A plurality of the votes cast at a meeting shall be considered to constitute a quorum.
Such committees as are necessary for the function of this organization will be appointed for a specific purpose and duration by the president of the organization.
Section I - Officers for this organization will be selected by ballot at the first meeting of the academic year.
Section II - All nominations for offices will be taken from the floor and then permission of the individuals must be secured.
Section III - The candidate receiving a plurality of the votes cast will be named to each respective office.
Section IV - The terms of the officers shall be for the academic year and shall terminate at the end of the academic year.
Meetings will be based upon a simplified and condensed interpretation of Robert’s Rules of Order.
This constitution may be amended at any regular meeting by a two-thirds majority of the votes cast, the proposed amendment having been submitted in writing and read to the organization at a regular meeting at least one week before being voted upon.
This constitution is made subject to all policies and regulations governing student organizations as established by Missouri Southern State University.