Accounting Scholarships 2014-2015
There are several scholarships available to MSSU accounting students for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- One application will enable you to apply for all of the LOCAL scholarships for which you qualify.
- Local scholarships have the following requirements:
- student is an accounting major
- has an overall GPA of 3.5 or greater
- shown they are active in Accounting Club and networking
- Applications should be returned to Christi Mattix at firstname.lastname@example.org. No hard copies can be accepted.
- The due date for the scholarship application is noon on Friday, March 14, 2014, if interested Act Now!
- If you have any questions, contact Christi Mattix at (417)625-3546 or by email at email@example.com
Scholarship Application Form
The following is a list of LOCAL scholarships and a brief description of the requirements for each one:
- Minimum of $3,000 in scholarships awarded, pending funding. Accounting major; junior standing or higher; evidence of commitment to pursuing a career in accounting; academic achievement.
Dan Hayworth Memorial Scholarship
- $500 award. Accounting majors.
Floyd T. Newcomb Memorial Scholarship
- Award amount to be determined.
Institute of Management Accountants
- $500 award, pending availability. One Recipient. Academic merit; student activities; financial need; IMA membership and participation.
James T. Farrar Memorial Scholarship:
- Award amount to be determined.. Outstanding student in accounting, church affiliation, campus achievements, and ability to get along with others.
The Accounting department awards these scholarships. Students are invited to talk to the Accounting Department about the above awards and the specific requirements of each.
The following is a list of NATIONAL scholarships that may also be available. Select the organization name below to find out more information about the scholarships they offer. You must apply for these separately using the information given on each site.
American Institute of CPA's (AICPA)
- See www.aicpa.org/Scholarships for more information
- Here is a list of Scholarships available from AICPA for doctoral and undergraduate degrees.
- Click here for more information about the AICPA/ACCOUNTEMPS student scholarship.
American Society of Women Accountants
- See www.aswa.org. Go to the site; choose “The Foundation” from the options at the top of the screen, then “Scholarship Program” on the left side of the screen.
Wiley CPA Excel
- Watch for announcements from Career Services.
National Society of Public Accountants
- Click here for scholarships available to undergraduate accounting majors.