Accounting Scholarships 2013-2014
There are several scholarships available to MSSU accounting students for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- One application will enable you to apply for all of the LOCAL scholarships for which you qualify.
- Applications should be returned to Christi Mattix at firstname.lastname@example.org. No hard copies can be accepted.
- The due date for the scholarship application is noon on Friday, March 15th, 2013, if interested Act Now!
- If you have any questions, contact Christi Mattix at (417)625-3546 or by email at email@example.com
Scholarship Application Form
The following is a list of LOCAL scholarships and a brief description of the requirements for each one:
- Minimum of $3,000 in scholarships awarded. Accounting major; junior standing or higher; evidence of commitment to pursuing a career in accounting; academic achievement.
Dan Hayworth Memorial Scholarship
- $500 award. Accounting majors.
Floyd T. Newcomb Memorial Scholarship
Institute of Management Accountants
- $500 award. One Recipient. Academic merit; student activities; financial need; IMA membership and participation.
James T. Farrar Memorial Scholarship:
- $150 award. Outstanding student in accounting, church affiliation, campus achievements, and ability to get along with others.
The Accounting department awards these scholarships. Students are invited to talk to the Accounting Department about the above awards and the specific requirements of each.
The following is a list of NATIONAL scholarships that may also be available. Select the organization name below to find out more information about the scholarships they offer. You must apply for these separately using the information given on each site.
American Institute of CPA's
American Society of Women Accountants
- Click here for more information. Due March 1st.
Institute of Internal Auditors
- See www.theiia.org. Go to the site and enter "scholarships" in the search box.
- Watch for announcements from Career Services.
- See www.leap-forward.com.This scholarship is generally available earlier in the academic year and is announced through emails.
Missouri Society of CPA'S
Must be MSCPA college student member, recommended by an educator, Missouri resident & U.S. Citizen (or child of an MSCPA member, enrolled in 12 credit hours at a college/university in Missouri, and be declared accounting major.
National Society of Public Accountants
- See www.nsacct.org. Choose "NSA Scholarship Foundation" on the left side of the screen.