In all cases Notify University Police at extension 2222 on campus or (417) 626-2222 from a cell
If you have been trained to do rescue breathing, proceed as trained.
1. Determine what substance is involved and how taken.
2. Stay with victim and assist as necessary.
3. If choking, lower victim's head.
1. Have victim lie or sit down and rest with feet elevated.
2. Keep victim comfortable.
3. As or look for emergency medical I.D. Bracelet.
4. Treat other injuries as necessary.
1. Flood chemical burn with cool water.
2. Cover burn with dry bandage.
3. Keep victim quiet and comfortable.
1. Apply direct pressure on wound.
2. Use clean cloth or hand.
3. Apply pressure to blood vessel, if necessary.
4. Elevate body part.
5. Add more cloth if blood soaks through.
6. Keep pressure on wound until help arrives.
1. Check victim's mouth and clear of foreign matter.
2. Use abdominal thrusts.
1. Place victim on his/her back.
2. Give resuscitation or CPR as necessary.
3. Keep victim comfortable.
4. Ask or look for emergency medical I.D. Bracelet.
1. Keep victim still.
2. Keep injured area immobile.
NOTE: Professional Medical Care should be sought after first aid is given for above conditions.