What can I do with Optimal Resume?
- Build the perfect resume
- Develop websites and portfolios
- Create cover letters
- Participate in mock interviews
How to use Optimal Resume
Optimal Resume Log In *For best results use Mozilla Firefox
Creating a new account?
- Register for a new account. Students enter your SID; alumni enter 9343.
- Fill in personal information (this will go in the header of your resume), accept terms and create profile.
- Select create new resume and watch the video on the right side of the screen.
- Name the resume what you would like and press Start Resume. Only click the link once and wait for it to load.
- Scroll down to view resume samples and select the sample you want to use.
- Select Resume Video Tutorials under "Tools" on the bottom right side of the screen.
- Select the Edit Sample Resume tab and press play.
- Follow the instructions from the video to edit the sample resume.
- After entering all of your information, select Style Resume. Click on the style names to preview changes.
- Choose a new style, check box, and apply. Further customize your resume using the tabs and drop-down menus.
- When finished, select Download tab at the top of the screen and choose Microsoft Word to open, print, and/or save.
- Call Career Services at 417-625-9343 for resume critique and further help.