Rental Textbook Information
Textbook Rental is located on the first floor of Billingsly Student Center.
Rental Textbook Check-Out Policy
- A student must be enrolled in classes and have a Lion Card student ID in order to rent books.
- Booklists can be accessed through LioNet.
- Although some courses require purchase books, rental books can be checked-out for a rental fee of $12 per credit hour per book. Acceptable payment includes Visa, Mastercard, Discover, debit card, check, or cash. Additionally, a student can charge the rental fee to his or her student account during the first two weeks of classes. All bookstore charges will appear on the student’s account on the following business day and can be paid through LioNet or at the Business Office.
- Rental books rented and returned within the first two weeks of classes are fully refundable.
Rental Textbook Return Policy
- Rental books must be returned upon dropping a course or withdrawal from all classes.
- Rental books are due by 4:00 PM the Monday following finals, but can be returned at anytime throughout the semester.
- Rental textbooks must be returned no later than 4:00 p.m. on the Monday following finals.
- Rental books do not need to be returned by the student that rented the book.
- There is a book drop slot located in the wall behind Billingsly Student Center for after-hour and weekend drop off.
- Rental books can be returned through the mail. Mail to:
3950 Newman Road
Joplin, MO 64801
- Books received with a postmark later than the due date will be billed to the student’s account.
- If a student knows he or she will be unable to return a textbook by the due date, please email and explain.