C BASE for Teachers
- Test starts at: 4 p.m-Thursday Afternoon Cost: $50
- Length of test: 4 hours
- Location Information: Hearnes Hall 314
- Check in time: 3:45 (suggested)
- Host: ACTS (Advising, Counseling & Testing Services)
- Testing Location: Plaster Hall –Rms 102-103
- Spiva Library has excellent study guides for the C-Base under Reserves at the circulation desk.
- Testing Calendar
MSSU C-Base Registration Form (submit this form along with receipt of payment to ACTS)
Missouri State Board of Education regulations require the passing of all sections (minimum score of 235 per section) of the College Basic Academic Subjects Examination to satisfy partial requirements for admission to the Teacher Education Program.
According to policy established by the Missouri State Board of Education, a student has two years from the semester when he/she first passes part(s) of College-Base for Teachers to achieve passing status in all five parts. A student who does not complete the requirement within two years loses his/her passing status in all areas passed and must retake the entire examination. Admission to the Teacher Education is a prerequisite for some upper-level education courses.
- The test consists of five areas: Writing (essay), English, Math, Science, Social Studies.
- Advanced registration is required. Test fee applies. Registration deadlines apply.
- Test dates are determined by the test company (Assessment Resource Center, Columbia, MO.) There are 5 test dates per year. Test may be taken each test date. See Testing Calendar for dates.
- Registration must be completed in the ACTS office or online using the Registration form above.
- Test subjects may be retaken.
Back to Testing