Your tax-deductible contribution provides for the scholarship needs of the students at Missouri Southern.
Delores Honey, Donor Relations • 417-625-9696
Missouri Southern Foundation • Hearnes Hall Room 211 • 3950 E. Newman Road • Joplin, MO 64801-1595
- Endowed Scholarships — For $10,000, you can create a scholarship which lives on in perpetuity, with endowment earnings funding scholarships each year.
- Annual Scholarships — For $500 per year over 3 years, you can create a scholarship in which the principal is spent each year with the opportunity for the donor to renew again in years ahead.
- Honorary/Memorial Scholarships — You can name any scholarship in honor or in memory of a friend or loved one.
Need or Performance Based — You can offer a scholarship to assist students with financial need or reward students whose performance excels.
You can offer a scholarship to students generally or within a specific discipline. Please contact the Foundation office to discuss criteria.
Why sponsor a scholarship?
- 96 percent of MSSU students received some form of financial aid in order to help pay for their education in 2009.
- Fees for an in-state student living on-campus can run upwards of $10,000 per academic year. Out-of-state students can pay upwards of $15,000 per academic year.
- Undergraduates in Missouri carried an average student loan debt of $21,360 in 2009.
MSSU Scholarship Facts
- Over the past 20 years, we have helped 3,670 students succeed with your donations in the amount of $6,340,508.
- The average award of scholarships and financial aid was more than $7,547 per student.
- The Missouri Southern Foundation currently provides 173 scholarships to 371 students.
- Scholarships directly help students by paying for educational costs and keeping loan debt down.