Now that you've been accepted to MSSU . . .
Get your visa.
- After you receive your Letter of Acceptance and I-20, make an appointment with a US consolate or embassy for an F-1 visa interview.
- To help you prepare for your interview, take a look at these tips.
- Review our Travel and Re-entry Tips using your F-1 visa.
Make sure that you have the necessary immunizations.
- MSSU requires all students to provide records showing immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), and Meningitis. Students who have not been vaccinated against meningitis will not be allowed to move into the residence halls. Incoming students also will be screened for tuberculosis risk. All immunizations must be up-to-date and records on file before students are permitted to enroll. If necessary, immunizations will be available during orientation for a fee, which may not be covered by insurance.
- See the Wilcoxon Health Center's International Student Requirements page for more information.
Buy Your Airline Ticket.
- Fly into Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport to book a direct flight to the Joplin airport on American Airlines.
- You are required to fill out the airport pick-up service form to guarantee transportation to your home.
Pack your bags with these packing suggestions.
- Passport, Visa, I-20 or DS-2019
- Documentation of Financial support
- IMPORTANT - You should convert your currency to U.S. dollars at your port of entry into the U.S., as it is very difficult to do so in Joplin.
Materials from MSSU
- Letter of admission
- Scholarships or financial aid award letters
- Contact information for International Student Services, 417-625-9372
- Clothes that will suit the Midwestern Joplin climate
- At least one pair of good walking shoes
- Laptop, camera, iPod, calculator, etc.
- List of emergency phone numbers for home and MSSU
Health Records and Medications
- Records of required immunizations
- Prescription drugs
- List of allergies