About the Degree
In our globalized society, people with skills in international studies are needed in many different fields. American international studies center on constructive interaction with people from cultures and countries. The minor with help you acquire the tools needed to thrive on the internatinal scene. These include a second or third language, a focus in foreign cultures, a globalized worldliness and the people skills necessary to be an effective communcator with people of diverse backgrounds.
What You'll Learn
A greater understanding of how to thrive on a global scale.
That your worldview is widely different than that of someone from another culture background -- and how to accept these differences
- A greater awareness of the diverseness of the planet on which we live.
This Degree is Great for You if:
- If you are intrigued by other nations and cultures.
- You would like to work professionally outside the United States or inside the U.S. with foreign companies.
- You love travel and plan to volunteer with organizations such as the Peace Corps or other internationally-based programs.
- You have another major but feel a minor in International Studies will increase your marketability as an employee.