Admission is Competitive and Limited
Admission to Missouri Southern does not automatically grant admission to the Dental Hygiene Program.
In addition to meeting admission requirements for the University, candidates must:
- Apply for admission to the Department of Dental Hygiene.
- Applications are reviewed by the Selection Committee for Dental Hygiene.
- Applicants must submit the necessary information by January 31.
- Applicants must have an overall GPA of 2.75 to apply.
Selected applicants are admitted contingent upon:
- a criminal record check,
- random drug testing,
- the completion of physical and dental examinations and
- the rendering of an acceptable health status.
Students are admitted to the dental hygiene program only in the fall of each year.
- All dental hygiene students are required to read and sign the Communicable Disease Policy.