Admission is Competitive and Limited
Admission to Missouri Southern does not automatically grant admission to the Dental Hygiene Program.
In addition to meeting admission requirements for the University, candidates must:
- Apply for admission to the Department of Dental Hygiene.
- Applications are reviewed by the Selection Committee for Dental Hygiene.
- Applicants must submit the necessary information by January 31.
- Applicants must have an overall GPA of 2.75 to apply.
- Complete all prerequisite courses with grade “C” or better by the end of the spring semester of the year in which you are applying. If a passing grade is not achieved after two attempts in any program prerequisite course, an applicant will not be considered for the program.
Selected applicants are admitted contingent upon:
- a criminal record check,
- random drug testing,
- the completion of physical and dental examinations and
- the rendering of an acceptable health status.
Students are admitted to the dental hygiene program only in the fall of each year.
For further information:
- Joplin: 417-625-9709
- Rolla: 573-458-0101 ext 16116
- Sikeston: 573-472-3210