Why the Child Development Center?
The mission of the Child Development Center (CDC) is to provide a safe nurturing environment for the children of MSSU students, faculty, staff and alumni. The center is designed to create an atmosphere of security and mutual trust where children can develop emotionally, socially, physically and intellectually. The children are treated with warmth and respect at all times. The staff works within a developmentally appropriate curriculum to develop socially responsible children.
We feel that the development of the young child is a continuous process that is influenced by all the experiences in a child's life. In the CDC, learning experiences are designed to help the children advantageously use the mental abilities he or she possesses, and to enhance his or her cognitive potential to a maximum degree. Through the process of exploration, experimentation and discovery, children learn how to learn. Besides cognitive experiences, the children must have experiences that provide the opportunity to experience his or herself in relation to others in the environment. Children are allowed to experience feelings in an environment that accepts and values feelings. Each child has the right to progress at his or her own pace according to their own rate of development.
About the CDC:
- The Missouri Southern State University Child Development Center (CDC) is housed in the Gene Taylor Education Building at the south end of the main floor.
- The Child Development Center provides daycare for children ages six-weeks to five years of age, for MSSU students, MSSU staff members and MSSU faculty members, as well as the children of MSSU Alumni. Applications are now being accepted and a waiting list will be activated upon reaching capacity.
- The CDC has been in operation since 1986 and is licensed by the State of Missouri Department of Health.
- Currently, we do not have any openings, but please contact the center to be put on our waiting list.
- Are you expecting a baby? Call today to get your name on the Infant Room waiting list!
For more information or to place your child on the waiting list please contact: