Computer Information Science Welcomes You
The Computer Information Science (CIS) department provides opportunities for a broad undergraduate education in the many aspects of computer hardware and software. The program offers courses of instruction that develop a thorough understanding of current methods used in the design and implementation of computer based solutions.
Pursuant to the department's educational mission, the faculty:
- Maintains the currency of the curriculum through ongoing research and consultation with industry representatives.
- Engages in professional development that allows its members to remain current in their fields and to provide technological leadership to the university community.
- Is committed to the success of its students, both during and after college.
The Computer Information Science program will produce graduates who:
- Understand and can utilize core information technologies.
- Can analyze, design, and implement effective technology based solutions.
- Have requisite communication and quantitative skills.
- Work effectively as team members.
- Are prepared to be successful in a multicultural-global society.
- Are committed to lifelong personal and professional development.
- Conduct themselves in an honorable and ethical manner.