About the Degree
The Paralegal Studies minor, available to all majors, furthers study and helps prepare you to work in close proximity to attorneys in either a private legal office or a prosecutor's office. Our faculty is committed to excellence in teaching while also providing you with access to valuable experiences applicable to your future career. We provide you with the opportunity to cultivate critical thinking, communication and research skills.
What You Will Study
- Students will have a wide range of knowledge in law.
- Students will have accurate and up-to-date knowledge of law.
- Students will learn how to correctly prepare and create basic legal documents and pleadings within those subject matter areas.
This Minor is Great for You if:
- You are organized, efficient and attentive to detail.
- Envision yourself working with attorneys, preparing notes, organizing case files and working with legal briefs.
- Looking for a profession expected to grow by 17 percent in the next decade.