About the Degree:
A Bachelor of Arts in Vocal Music Education will provide you with a foundation in the disciplines of music and teaching. Some of the finest music educators in the region have received a bachelor’s degree in Vocal Music Education from Missouri Southern. Today, these individuals lead show choirs, vocal music ensembles and teach young students vocal techniques to enrich their lives and careers.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to participate in any of a number of outstanding vocal and/or instrumental groups.
- Music theory, choral techniques, choral literature, form and analysis, and conducting.
- Pedagogy, classroom management and in-the-field experiences including student teaching.
- Additional skills obtained through private study.
This Degree is Great for You if:
- You want to teach vocal music education to young students (K-12).
- You are interested in playing a vital role in cultural enrichment of the community.
- You also want to lead other vocal groups, such as church or community choirs.