About the Degree:
Today’s music is about more than those who perform. It requires knowledge and skill in business and entrepreneurship. The success of those with talent as writers, performers and arrangers almost always depends on the support of other music industry professionals. The Music Industry Degree allows you to see music in its totality, as an industry that offers a variety of rewarding careers.
What You’ll Learn:
- The music major will demonstrate effective keyboard skills in playing the piano both as a performer and accompanist.
- The successful graduate from the Music program will develop a broad base of knowledge in music history, including literature, composers, genres, and styles.
- The successful graduate from the Music program will identify, distinguish, and notate written and aural elements of music theory.
- The successful graduate from the Music program will perform as soloists and ensemble members in their primary instrument at a level commensurate with their degree program.
This Degree is Great for You if:
- You're interested in being a record executive, producer or talent scout.
- You want to manage your own career and/or those of other recording artists.
- You want to work in recording studios or concert venues.
- You're interested in music publishing or performing-rights organizations.