The mission of the Missouri Southern International Language Resource Center is to promote, improve and strengthen modern language instruction on the MSSU campus, area schools and the community in general.
The International Language Resource Center contributes to the MSSU International Mission by offering a variety of resources to develop intercultural sensitivity and understanding of other cultures as well as to promote appreciation of our own cultural diversity.
- Center for Applied Second Language Studies (CASLS)
- Center for Advanced Language Proficiency Education & Research
- Language Acquisition Resource Center
- Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition (CARLA)
- The National Capital Language Resource Center (NCLRC)
- The Center for Language Education And Research (CLEAR)
- Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL)
- American Translators Association
- VERBIX - linguistic software.
- YourDictionary.com- more than 230 dictionaries. An excelent source.
- Promt's Online Translator -an excelent web-based English-Russian and Russian-Englsih translaor.
- Jennifer's Languages Page - a lot of resources (including translators) in most of the languages.
- Travlang's Translating Dictionaries
- Freeware Dictionary Programs
- Alta Vista: Translation - a powerful online dictionary of most commony spoken languages.
- SysTran - an online dictionary.
- Online Dictionaries
- Freetranslation.com - The fastest web-based translation service available.
- E-Promt - Translating software with a limited free use.
- Translation.paralink.com - Free translation service.
- Rambler.ru - Russian Dictionary.
- World Lingo Translator - It offers translation from and into 15 different languages.
- Global Language Online Support System
- TeAchnology - provide free and easy to use resources for teachers dedicated to improving the education of today's generation of students.
- Russian Grammar + Excersises
- Merlot - Learning Materials
The International Language Resource Center provides free tutoring for MSSU students in Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish languages.
Sign up on the clipboards outside WH347 to make an appointment with a tutor. There is a limit of one hour per day and two hours per week of tutoring per student. Appointments are divided into 30 minute increments.
|CHINESE||Lisa Li & Randy Xia|
|Monday, Wednesday & Friday||10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday & Thursday||12:00 p.m. -1:00 p.m.|
|Monday & Wednesday||9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.|
|Friday||11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
|Monday through Friday||12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
Emma Gilion, Raúl Herrera, Fernando Ramírez, Allie Ritter & Manuela Vergara
|Monday & Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday & Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
Modern Language Field Day (FLFD):
April 8, 2014