About the Degree:
This degree will provide you with an intensive study of the Spanish language, leading to a proficiency in spoken and written language and an appreciation for the literature and culture of Spain and other Spanish-speaking nations.
What You'll Learn:
- To speak/converse in a target language with ease and confidence when dealing with routine tasks and social situations with moderate control in the present, past, and future tenses.
- To write in the target language in a variety of styles such as taking notes on familiar topics, writing uncomplicated letters, simple summaries, and compositions related to work, school experiences, and topics of current and general interest at the Intermediate High level.
- To read and comprehend simple, connected texts in various time frames that deal with basic personal, historical, and/or social needs about which the reader has personal interest.
- To listen/understand main ideas and most details of connected discourse on a variety of topics and time frames.
- To identify cultural information or patterns, such as major geographical features, historical events, institutional characteristics, social-linguistic behaviors, and major literary/art forms of the target culture.
This Degree is Great for You if:
- You want to live and work as a professional in Spain or a Spanish-speaking country such as Mexico, Argentina and Chili.
- You want to teach the Spanish language (and culture) to students in America, or the English to Spanish students abroad.
- You want to be a host family for visiting Spanish students.